About Benjamin BarroneAs Director of Finance for Vital Proteins, a rapidly-growing startup in Chicago, IL. Benjamin (Ben) Barrone has been an organizational and financial leader of a rapidly-growing company from startup phase through Series A financing. In just one year Mr. Barrone led a wide range of impactful organizational initiatives to support growth and scale including:
- Series A Financing from start-to-finish
- Built Accounting and Finance department from scratch
- Contract negotiation for a wide range of contractual relationships
- Strategic guidance serving on Senior Leadership Team and Compensation Committee
- Selection and implementation of ERP and PEO systems
- Evolution of accounting systems from spreadsheets to real-time GAAP reporting on ERP system
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Month end close and financial reporting
- Debt Financing - securing multiple favorable agreements
- Revamp and consolidate incentive-based compensation and bonus structure agreements
- Financial modeling support to assist in business decisions and maximizing ROI
- Cash Flow planning and navigation in rapid-growth environment
- Supported Founders' business needs including tax planning and compliance
Benjamin Barrone also stands out as a former Senior Accountant for LaSalle Investment Management, where he worked on a Canadian real estate fund reporting on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). He supervised quarterly accounting, reporting of investment returns, and investor reporting including financial statements, while also serving as a key contact for the year-end financial statement audit. He accepted this position after serving as an In-charge audit professional for Plante Moran, where he focused on the engineering of complex and large audits across a number of different industries including manufacturing, distribution, engineering, healthcare, and company retirement plans. During his first year at Plante Moran, Benjamin Barrone obtained his license as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), passing all four sections of the CPA exam, as well as the ethics examination, on his first attempt.
Benjamin Barrone holds a Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), where he graduated with a 3.75 grade point average in just one year. He earlier earned a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Western Michigan University, during which he also completed two tax-season internships at Cole and Company in Portage, MI and the Detroit office of ''Big 4'' public accounting firm Ernst & Young. He graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors for an overall GPA of 3.76. A passion for economics led to Benjamin Barrone also obtaining a minor in that field in addition to a general business minor.